For the laverballs
100g Fine oats (roasted)
25g Sunflower seeds (roasted)
25g Sesame seeds (roasted)
For the garlic mushrooms
4-5 Garlic cloves
Salt and Pepper
Fresh chopped Parsley
1. In a bowl mix together, laverbread, oats and seeds.
The mix mustn't be too wet or too dry, it needs to be tacky.
Let the mix sit for 15 mins.(warm up your deep fat fryer/wok with
oil/saucepan of oil).
2. While the mix is sitting put on a pan with some oil in it to heat
up and add your garlic and mushrooms. Do not move the pan or
shake the mushrooms, just let them start to cook for a couple of
3. Now move the mushrooms a little and season, then put pan into
an oven for 10 - 15 mins.
4. Your fryer should be nice and hot, take your laver mix and take
out about a heaped teaspoon amount of it and oil into a ball.
5. Gently place into the hot oil and cook for about 3-4 mins.
6. Lift out of oil and place on kitchen paper.
7. Serve with the garlic mushrooms and sprinkle with a little