BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES WITH APPLE AND BLACKBERRY COMPOTE
This is a scrummy way to start the day - especially when you are using freshly harvested apples and blackberries for the compote.
Apple and Blackberry Compote
2-3 Large cooking apples peeled and diced
100-200g Blackberries rinsed
1.Add the diced apple to a pan with aaround 30ml water.
2.Slowly cook until the apple starts fluffing up.
3.Add the berries and continue to cook for a few minutes.
125 g buckwheat flower
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp of flax seed
2 tsp of cinnamon
1 cup of any plant milk
2 tsp oil or butter for frying
1. Mix dry ingredients together with a whisk
2. Add plant milk & whisk altogether
3. Let the mix settle for a couple of minutes
4. Whilst the mix is settling , heat up a frying pan with oil or butter
5. Pour one ladle full of batter on the very hot frying pan
6. Cook one side for 3-4 minutes or until browned , flip and cook the other side for a little less
7. Repeat until you’ve ran out of batter and enjoy hot with a dollop of Apple and Blackberry compote.!