VEGGIE TALES #3: GARLIC FLAT BREADS WITH TOMATO SALSA
Flat bread (makes 4 small flat breads)
1/2 tsp Dried active yeast
1/4 tsp Salt
90ml-100ml Water (warm)
Mixed herb oil
1 wet garlic, crushed and chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
· Couple of tomatoes
· 2 x teaspoons of olive oil
· Bunch of Basil x torn
· 1 teaspoon of chopped thyme
· One small diced shallot
· Couple of cloves of diced garlic
· Salt to taste
· Edible flowers for décor if desired
1. Weigh out flour, salt, yeast, yogurt in a mixing bowl and slowly stir in the warm water. Mix the dough until fully combined and stiff, Cover and rest the dough for 30 mins.
2. Once rested the dough will be removed from the bowl and cut into 3-4 equal pieces that are shaped into balls and rolled out into a 15-20cm disc using some dusting flour.
3. Once rolled our preheated pan will be removed from the fire and we can place our breads into the pans that are then placed back on a griddle or frying pan.
4. After 2-3mins the bread needs flipping.
5.Once cooked, remove to a cutting board and brush on oil with a rosemary sprig. Repeat with second bread.
1. Chop and crush garlic and finely chop rosemary/thyme. Mix into olive oil
1.Chop roughly tomatoes.
2.Dice shallot and finely dice garlic.
3.Chop basil, thyme.
4.Add a glug of olive oil.
5.Add salt to taste.
Prepare and combine bruschetta topping ingredients and top on flatbread. Enjoy!