NATALIE'S VINE LEAVES
1 finely chopped onion
3 chopped tomatoes
Tablespoon of olive oil
A few sprigs of oregano
A few mint leaves
1/2 a lemon
20 vine leaves
200g short grain white rice (cooked)
1. Fry onions in olive oil.
2. Add tomatoes, oregano, mint and pepper.
3. Add rice and a tablespoon of lemon juice.
4. Simmer until rice is cooked. Add salt to taste.
5. Carefully cut the stalks off the vines leaves.
6. Blanch the leaves for 30 seconds.
7. Take a leaf, then face it with the veins upwards with the point of the leaf away from you.
8. Put a spoonful of the rice mix at the base of the leaf, near the original position of the stalk.
9. Wrap the rice mixture up in to a package by folding the sides of the leaf inward and rolling it up like a burrito.
10. It can be served with a yogurt dip mixed with dry mint leaves.
11. Put the stuffed vine leaves in a baking tray and set an oven to 170 degrees. 12. Mix a quarter cup of water with tomato purée. 13. Pour it over the stuffed vine leaves and place in the oven for 30-45mins with tin foil over the baking tray.